Von Holt Wines
Region: Sonoma Coast, CA
With each case (12 bottle) purchase of Von Holt 2012 "Heintz Family Vineyard" Chardonnay, receive:
- A personal, VIP tour and wine tasting with owners Pam and Chris Von Holt at Dogpatch Wineworks. A tasting at this trendy urban tasting room in San Francisco will give you a behind-the-scenes look at how winemakers and producers make and store wine before it arrives on your doorstep.
- All bottles signed by the Von Holts.
- An authentic United States Secret Service cap. Having served in the secret service, Chris Von Holt shares his privileged access to this unique memorabilia.
In the glass this wine appears a beautiful golden yellow. It leaps from the glass with uninhibited aromas of apricot, banana, thyme and toasted coconut with almonds. The palate reveals rich flavors of poached pear, hazelnut, honeysuckle, white pepper and vanilla bean. It is in perfect balance and the complexity is captivating. The finish is medium in length with a decadent creme brulee finale.
RegionSonoma Coast, Sonoma County, CA
AgeabilityDrink through 2019
- Vineyard source - Heintz Family Vineyard
- Aging - 13% new French oak barrels
- Filtered but not fined