Trotter 1/16 Winery
Region: Napa Valley, CA
One should not open this bottle without first learning the story behind the name Trotter 1/16 Winery. The unique title refers to Winemaker/Proprietor Stephanie Trotter-Zacharia's family roots. She is one of 16 children and the only one making wine.
Stephanie is drawn to working with small vineyard locations. A single vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon has a unique sense of place; the French romantically refer to it as "terroir". There are distinctions extracted from the David Fulton Vineyard. On the nose aromas of blackberry pie, cassis, dusty earth and hints of dark honey waft from the glass. On the palate, an explosion of flavors including crème de cassis, blueberry, plum, rose petal and dark chocolate. The wine is complex with balanced acidity. The finish is mesmerizing with a long, lingering mouthfeel and balanced tannins.
Grapes100% Cabernet Sauvignon
RegionDavid Fulton Vineyard, Napa Valley, CA
AgeabilityDrink now through 2030
- 28 months in 100% French oak, second year barrels
- 11 year old vines
- Dry farmed vineyard
- The San Francisco International Wine Competition - 2014
- The Women’s International Wine Competition - 2014
- The Grand Harvest Awards - 2014
- The Wine Channel TV Awards presented by Vineyard & Winery Management magazine - 2014
- American Fine Wine Competition - 2015