Stein Family Wines
Region: Los Carneros, Napa, CA
This inaugural release of the Semi-dry Gewürztraminer comes from Los Carneros, the AVA that straddles southern Napa and Sonoma counties. It was and remains the original North Coast ocean-exposure area, allowing for high acidity along with the growth restraints from the climate and soil type to force lots of flavor in the grapes.
The nose is full of lemon, lime, sweet mandarins and wild flowers. The long, long finish gives a rich, creamy, zesty mix of grapefruit, lemon, lime, and fresh-peeled mandarin. The hint of sweetness balanced against the acidity makes for a perfect food wine, particularly when paired with spicy Asian and Latin dishes –the acidity balances the rich flavors, and a full bodied wine is necessary to augment the depth of flavors in the cuisines. Only Gewürztraminer would do!
Grapes93% Gewürztraminer; 7% Chardonnay
- The Tasting Panel: 92 Points, Publisher’s Pick
- West Coast Wine Competition: Silver Medal
- World Wine Championships: Silver Medal
- Pacific Rim Wine Competition: Silver Medal
- International Eastern Wine Competition: Silver Medal