Region: Napa Valley, CA
Enjoy a personalized tour and VIP tasting in the wine caves at Maldonado Vineyards for all case (12 bottle) purchases of Maldonado Family Vineyards 2013 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
"Angel Favorites" Have Arrived!
To celebrate 2017, Cellar Angels is highlighting nine “favorites” through March 20th – wines that have enjoyed lavish member praises, high scores and impressive sales. To help get you through the winter with a smile, we are gifting $100 Angel eGift Cards with each cumulative $500 purchase of any featured “favorites”! Learn more and buy wine online here.
Due to its youth, it is recommended to decant this wine for an hour to allow all the aromas and bouquet to show brightly.
Intensely purple and quite opaque, this powerful Cabernet promises to deliver a bold tasting experience. The nose is large and wafts from the glass. Plum, black cherry and blackberries show first, followed by mocha and clove. The flavors unveil ripe black and red fruits, dried herbs, vanilla and nuances of bakeshop spices. The finish coats the mouth in tannins which promise long, graceful aging.
Grapes100% Cabernet Sauvignon
RegionNapa Valley AVA
AgeabilityDrink now, or hold for another 10+ years.
- Grapes sourced from exceptional vineyards in the Napa Valley farmed and operated by the Maldonado Family
- Grapes sorted, de-stemmed, and re-sorted
- Whole berries are cold soaked for ten days, with native wild yeast taking over the primary fermentation
- Three weeks of extended maceration with gentle punch-downs to preserve flavors and aromatics
- 24 months in barrel, 100% French, 15% new