Goldschmidt Vineyards "Hilary Goldschmidt" 2016 Charming Creek Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Oakville, Napa Valley, CA
Watch our interview with Winemaker Nick Goldschmidt on the SIP Virtual Wine Tasting series!
There are some AVA's (American Viticultural Area) which are ideal growing regions for certain varietals. Oakville AVA is that region for Cabernet Sauvignon. Goldschmidt Vineyards shares good company in sourcing from this area. Other notable producers sourcing from this location include Opus One, Scarecrow, Nickel & Nickel, Miner, Screaming Eagle and Plumpjack to name a few. Watch Winemaker Nick Goldschmidt share his notes in this video.
- Color: dark garnet
- Aromas: black cherry, ripe blueberry, sweet oak, anise, leather
- Palate: dark fruit, dried thyme, tobacco leaf, soft and well-integrated tannins
Grapes100% Cabernet Sauvignon
RegionOakville AVA, Napa Valley, CA
AgeabilityWill cellar well through 2030
Charming Creek Vineyard
- Made from Cabernet fruit of 39 year-old vines
- Aged 20 months in 100% French Oak barrels (25% new, 75% 2-3 year old barrels)
- View this video blog by Nick Goldschmidt about the uniqueness of Charming Creek Vineyard
93 Points - San Francisco International Wine Competition