Region: Napa Valley, CA
The winery has extended two very exciting offers for the featured 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon...
- With a case (12 bottle) purchase, receive an entry into a drawing for a "Vertical Tasting Package" including 4 vintages of Entrepreneur Wines Cabernet Sauvignon (4 total bottles)!
- With each 2+ case purchase (24+ bottles), you'll enjoy a private tasting for 4 guests at the home of Entrepreneur Wines' founders, Randy & Patty Haykin during your next wine country visit in 2018. The home is located in located in Pleasanton California (within 1 hr of Napa wine region and 1/2 hr of Livermore wine region).
Cabernet lovers rejoice!
The 2012 growing season was one the best in recent history for Napa Valley, considered a classic vintage. An ideal spring provided near perfect conditions to start off the season followed by a long, sunny summer with no heat waves. The fall rains held off late into the harvest season enabling a long slow ripening. The grapes were sourced from a private vineyard source located in the Diamond Mountain appellation of Napa Valley situated at over 2100 feet elevation, one of the highest vineyards in Napa Valley. Due to the shallow soils the vineyard is farmed to very low yields per acre, creating more intense fruit.
As an indication of just how concentrated this wine is, notice the staining of the cork and the inky youthful purple hue of the wine in the glass. This wine has so much going on, beginning with aromas of ripe plum, black currant, tobacco leaf, dried Italian herbs, and forest floor. The palate shows a well structured wine and leads with soft tannins leading to flavors of clove, licorice, pepper, leather, dust, black tea and dried flowers. It is balanced and enjoyable!
Decant this wine for 30 minutes before serving to accentuate the maximum fruit aromas and flavor profiles of this very age-worthy wine.
Grapes100% Cabernet Sauvignon from a single vineyard.
ProductionDiamond Mountain District, Napa Valley, CA
AgeabilityDrink over the next 5+ years
- A classic vintage, 2012 was one the best in recent history
- 18 months in French oak barrels
- Fruit from one of the highest vineyards in Napa Valley (2100 ft)